
Out of all my years of education and learning, Gandhi has made the biggest impression on me. I loved watching the movie. I can't believe that one man can lead so many people and have two religions come together to fight for independence. I loved the fact that he believed that everyone is equal and wanted to change a traditional belief, which was the caste system. He wanted equality for the Indian people. He went to jail for many years and even went to the extreme of fasting if the Muslims and Hindus didn't practice non-violence. he could have died from fasting so he really felt what he believed in and he proved a point by willing to fast until the people listened. He stud up against the British government and he gained a lot of respect from doing so. He was just a powerful man and I can truly understand why Gandhi is known as the father of the nation. What impressed me the most with Gandhi is that he didn't have to do anything he did. He was the voice for the Indian people. He did what ever it took to get his point across for the Indian people. he was a very spiritual and political leader and I admire him a lot. I want to learn more about the Hindu religion. After India won Indecency from the British the Muslims and the Hindus divided because they couldn't decide who would be the ruler of India. If Gandhi was not assassinated and if he was alive for more years to go, I believe that there wouldn't have been so much fighting amongs the Muslims and Hindus, and maybe no fighting at all would exist.
5 comments:
And not only did Gandhi have a huge influence on India! He also impacted the U.S. in a big way. Martin Luther King Jr. based the idea of nonviolent resistence that he used in the civil rights demonstrations in this country on what he had learned from Gandhi.
What did you think about my essay?
Great essay. Gandhi really is an inspiration, even today. He was a small man is stature but he had no fear. He knew he was on the side of justice. He accomplished things that no one else could have.
I loved your essay and I agree with you. Gandhi had a great influence on India but on other parts of the world as well. He was a great inspiration and we need more Gandhi's in the world today.
I'm glad that you'll be doing Hinduism as a project. Maybe one of the questions you can ask the clergy person is his/her view of Gandhi.
Post a Comment