Wednesday, September 12, 2007

BELIEF O MATIC

What I learned form the survey is that there are so many different types of religions that have similar beliefs. I never knew there were so many different names of religions also. I guess because I never was a religious person I never payed attention or never wanted to study religion. By taking this survey it has opened my mind and interest to learning about religion. The religion I study is Baptism. My results from the survey states that I am 100% a Reform Judaism. I guess because I believe in one god as a person but a spirit. Also because I believe in heaven and hell and I think people choose there fate. If you choose to be a good person god will bless you choose to be a bad person then you will go to hell. But what is most similar in my beliefs and the Reform Judaisms is that I believe that god will forgive you even if you lived a bad life by praying to god and living a good life after you have sinned. the reform Jews call it salvation. The one religion that surprised me that I was 84% close to was the Islam religion. what is similar and my belief and Muslims, is again, the belief of one god which is formless. I don't know how I got such a high score under Muslims because they believe that satin controls the non believers and if you follow Muhammad's rules you will be blessed. I don't believe in Muhammad's doctrine. maybe it appeared because I believe in one god.

1 comment:

Susan De George said...

One of the flaws of the beliefomatic is that it lumps all Islam together. In reality there's as much diversity in Islam as there is in Christianity or Judaism. As we study it, see if you can figure out what kind of Islam your beliefs are most similar to.