
I went to church with my grandmother this past Sunday. She is a member of the Shiloh Baptist Church in Tarrytown, NY. I was not my first time going but I haven't been there in a about 4 years. in early protestant reformation at the time a particular group of Christians made baptism a requirement of faith to be a church member. so people were being baptised and they felt really strong about it. After church I wanted to know if I was ever baptised and my mother told me no. so my grandmother said I will not be going to heaven and I am not gods child because of this and the only way I would get into heaven was to get Baptised or to ask god to forgive me for all my sins and pray that he accept me as his child and let me into heaven. I got so scared. So i asked my grandmother if it wasn't to late for me to get baptised and she told me no. so we are working on getting me baptised so I can be one go god's children. I don't think that is fare for my grandmother to tell me that or for that to be part of the religion. its not my fault my mother didn't baptise me. I know I am an adult now so that's why i am going to get baptised but why didn't my mother tell me or get me baptised.
4 comments:
call me I need to know about the music class----
little hard of your grandman too say that. Baptism is a very important act and is the physcial expression of spiritual rebirth. I would recoomend not to rush into it, we are all gods children regardless of baptism. As far I know there is no age limit on baptism either Ive known people as old as 70 recieve their baptism
Your grandmother sounds just like mine. My grandmother is very religious, involved in every activity at church, ushers, prays numerous times a day, and also believes that you must be baptised in order to go to heaven. I also haven't been baptised and I'm kinda glad that my mother didn't do it when I was younger. I like the fact that she waited so I can make my own decision when I was old enough. I still haven't been baptised. I'll do it when I feel I'm ready. As long as I have that relationship with God, I have faith he will take care of me in the end.
I know it must have been hard for you to hear the you were never baptised. I know that all my family members were when they were babies, but my bestfriend who is 21 just got baptised herself. Are you planning on getting bapptised?
Post a Comment